A Store Full of Vintage Charms: Old Hollywood
If you were to mix the pioneer spirit of the Wild West with vintage style and glamour, you would have a sense of Old Hollywood, a lifestyle boutique with outposts in Greenpoint and the Lower East Side. Inside you’ll find vibrant Pendleton blankets for the home, quirky stocking stuffers like Tarot cards, cool ties for men, and gorgeous-yet-affordable necklaces by up-and-coming designers. Below are just a handful of the unique gifts in store or available on the site.
1. This set of 3 Breckenridge animal head shooter glasses by designer two’s company includes one of each wolf, wild boar and elk. Perfect for that shot of bourbon before bed. Glass with aluminum base. $120.
2. West Third Brand’s Tonic! Body Sprays are made for men and women, with the no-nonsense promise to Smell Good Daily. Old Hollywood’s best-selling scents, like Tobacco 1812 and Smoky Fig, are meant to stand alone or be layered to create your own unique scent. $28.
3. Inside these Floating Feather Ornaments, gorgeous and exotic fluffy feathers lay nestled inside mouth-blown hollow glass spheres and icicles. Each one is unique, all are wonderful for window displays or dangling from a doorway any time of the year. $30-$60.
4. Made from oxidized solid sterling silver, the Heart Signet ring is perfect for men and women and available with or without personalized engraved initials, one set on each side of the ring (just allow 2 weeks for engraving). The edge of the ring reads ‘E Cosi Desio Me Mena’ which translates from Italian to ‘And So Desire Carries Me Along’, a quote from Petrarch’s 1342 work, Canzoniere. In addition, the ring is a working wax seal for your personal correspondence and comes with one stick of red sealing wax. $170.
5. The Original Wish Charm, a holiday best seller, was created in 1999 by Sehti Na as a precious symbol of faith and hope. It is open to interpretation depending on the individual who wears it. The silk thread gives life and the gold charm represents the value of promise. As you tie it three times (three times a charm), think of a wish. It should come true when the charm falls off naturally. $30.
Old Hollywood is located at 99 Franklin Street in Greenpoint (718.389.0837) and on 250 Broome Street on the Lower East Side (646.454.0166). Hours are Monday through Saturday, 12-8pm and Sunday 12-7pm in Brooklyn and Manhattan.