Discount for BB Readers Who Want to Open a Restaurant
The idea of opening a restaurant has an undeniable allure. Maybe more than any other business, it’s something people dream of doing, whether they’re trapped in a cubicle-bound day job and love throwing dinner parties on the weekends, or are professional chefs yearning for a kitchen of their own. If this is your dream, you can start planning, or just research what it takes to actually open a place, in a new course at The Yard called How to Open a Restaurant.
- collaborate fellow students
- develop a draft of the business plan for your restaurant
- meet local restaurant professionals with real-life, hands-on experience
- gain an understanding of financial and legal requirements
- learn what you need (and what to avoid) in terms of real estate and insurance
- familiarize yourself with the vital aspects of design and construction
- understand operations and management systems for staff
Where else can you get personal advice and guidance from a network of established restauranteurs, business owners and consultants?
And, there’s a pizza pitch party at the end where students will have the chance to pitch their concepts to a panel of advisers for feedback and suggestions.